Monday, June 17, 2013

Last year's Burning Man project was my second art installation. The picture to the right is a view of the inside of the yurt at night.

The project was called Theophony, and was a 32' diameter yurt with an open roof, art canvasses for walls, a beautiful rope weaving in the ceiling, and an interactive theremin (an instrument which is activated by proximity - you don't have to touch it to play it). We called it Theophony because it was our way of expressing God through sound.

2011 we built the Pillars of the Saints, and now we are planning build project #3.

Burning Man 2012, was the revisiting of one of my 1,000 things to do before I die (build an art installation at Burning Man). I am headed back again this year, with a third art installation in as many years. Further details on our "Crating You Self Image" will be on the way soon. So, watch for 1,000 things to do before I die to include the third installment of a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment